Protection is provided by the Knox Micro-Lock, which is used on both the knuckle and the wrist for impact resistance. The floating knuckle construction giving ultimate comfort and protection. The Zero 3 Mk 2 glove also utilises the patented Knox Impact Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm which incorporates Micro-Lock for extra impact absorption. The SPS eliminates the grab effect that occurs when a leather palm makes contact with a road. This in turn reduces the risk of hyper extension which can be the cause of a broken scaphoid.
Comfort and usability come from features such as the Amara Silicone grip pad on the palm. The same material is used in the index fingers and thumbs to enable the wearer to use a touch screen. The new Knox “Lift & Lock” wrist closure strap gives an easy and secure fit, important in cold conditions. Accordion stretch panels on the fingers, and the thumb increase flexibility while box construction in the fingers increases dexterity. There is a highly effective TPR visor wipe fitted to the left thumb.
The CE testing for the Zero 3 covers 15 different tests. As a result, independent testers have given the gloves a CE EN 13594 rating. This covers so much including the materials used, the fit, the cut of the glove, its abrasion resistance, the all-important seam and tear strength as well as impact absorption.
Separate tests were conducted for design and construction as well as tests on the materials used. This included checking features as detailed as the pH value of the leather as well as its chromium V1 content. In addition to the sizing dexterity the cadmium content and even the water vapour transmission were also measured. Strength tests included the Zero 3s’ restraint tear strength, the seam strength, cut resistance, abrasion resistance and, of course the impact resistance and the size of the protective area. The Handroid passes all with flying colours.
The Zero 3 Mk 2 are available in sizes S- 3XL in black with 3M reflective panels used on the fingers and thumbs as well as 3M reflective piping to offer increased visibility in poor conditions.
- Made from Goat skin shell construction with DWR finish (durable water repellent).
- Knox Seal – 100% Waterproof and highly breathable membrane.
- Bemberg polyester micro fleece liner for comfort and effective heat insulation.
- Primaloft Gold man made down insulation 115g used, for ultimate heat insulation and warmth.
- Soft Knox Micro-Lock Knuckle covered with tough nylon fabric, floating construction giving ultimate comfort and protection.
- 3M reflective panels used on fingers and thumb and 3M reflective piping for increased visibility in poor conditions.
- Patented Knox IMPACT Scaphoid Protection System (SPS) on the palm (Patent No EP1594378) to eliminate the grab effect that occurs when a leather palm makes contact with the road, reducing the risk of hyper-extension which can be the cause of a broken scaphoid.
- New Knox “Lift & Lock” wrist closure strap gives easy and secure fit.
- TPR visor wipe on left thumb.
- Micro-Lock padded cuff.
- Amara Touch Screen technology on the thumb and first two fingers.
- Amara silicone grip pad on the palm.
- Accordion stretch panels on fingers and thumb for increased flexibility.
- Box construction fingers for increased dexterity.
- CE Approved EN 13594:2015 passing 15 different glove tests.
- Colour – Black
- Sizes S – 3XL
Knox Men’s Gloves
- Palm Circumference (A): Palm circumference is the total measurement around the widest part of the palm and over the knuckles. Put the tape around your palm and make a fist, then note the measurement.
- Hand Length (B): Measure from your wrist crease to the end of your middle finger. Measure your hand length and width and choose size the closest to your measurements. This should fit your hand correctly. If your hand fits one measure but not the 2nd, or if you prefer a looser fit, we would advise choosing the next size up.
|Men’s Hand Size||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL|
|Palm Circumfrence (mm)||200||215||230||245||260||275||290|
|Hand Length (mm)||179||186||193||200||207||214||221|