Adventure Sports Design
- The Africa Twin Adventure Sports is the perfect package for the long haul. Engineered for comfort as well as performance the front fairing protects while the height-adjustable screen lets you tailor airflow. The 24.8L fuel tank gives greater autonomy, while the large engine skid-plate plate and premium aluminium panels protect the machine.
More powerful 1100cc engine
- When you’re loaded, with passenger and luggage, you need an engine that responds strongly to every input, especially for passing. So we’ve tuned an extra 5Kw/5Nm of peak power and torque into the parallel twin-cylinder powerplant and lifted performance throughout the rev-range. A new cylinder head, throttle body and ECU deliver precise throttle control.
Showa Electronically equipped ride adjustment
- Optimum suspension settings, all the time. It’s not just a theory. Optional SHOWA EERA™ manages damping force relative to mode selection and a dedicated suspension ECU draws real-time information from front and rear stroke sensors, IMU and Cornering ABS. Rear spring preload can also be adjusted electronically while stationary to suit load.
TFT Touch Screen Display
- Engage with the journey. A full-colour 6.5-inch TFT touch-screen offers immersive selection of riding modes and easy control of navigation and Bluetooth smartphone/audio connectivity. Apple CarPlay® allows seamless mirroring and management of iPhone apps or calls via the touch screen.
Dual LED Headlights
- The new dual LED headlight delivers a penetrating beam and also features dual Daytime Running Lights (DRL) that automatically adjust to ambient light intensity and give a bright, highly visible light improving safety. Additional Cornering Lights use speed and lean angle to automatically illuminate blind spots when cornering in the dark.
Take your adventure on tour
- In redesigning the Africa Twin Adventure Sports, we’ve focused on comfort, because that big fuel tank will take you a long way. The expanded front fairing offers extended wind protection, while the height-adjustable screen reduces helmet buffeting. And to improve safety, the new dual LED headlights feature Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for consistent daytime visibility. They also incorporate Cornering Lights which – dependent on speed and lean angle – automatically illuminate corner blind spots. Heated grips warm hands while cruise control deals with large distances; there’s also an ACC charging socket. And tubeless tyres mean easy roadside repairs.
Fully loaded for the long-haul
- Time to explore? There’s no better partner for your travels, wherever the road leads. We’ve readied the Africa Twin Adventure Sports with practical features to help you go long. Really long. And it’s also packed with technology in support of your journey. Like the Africa Twin it has four pre-set riding modes and two customisable user modes, dynamic Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) control, HSTC, Cornering ABS and Wheelie Control all easily managed through the TFT touch screen, with Apple CarPlay® and Bluetooth connectivity also at your fingertips.
Optional SHOWA EERA™ suspension
- When you come to choose your new Africa Twin Adventure Sports – and because who knows where the open road’s going to lead – there’s the option of SHOWA ELECTRONICALLY EQUIPPED RIDE ADJUSTMENT (SHOWA EERA™) for optimum suspension settings all the time. Three pre-set modes cover all scenarios between touring, city and off-road riding. Rear spring preload can also be adjusted electronically while stationary to suit load, whether riding solo or with pillion and luggage.
Optional Dual Clutch Transmission
- Our unique Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) is also an option when you make your choice, with automatic and manual shifting as well as G switch (selected via the TFT touchscreen) which for off-road riding reduces the amount of clutch slip during gear changes to help initiate sliding of the rear wheel.
- Bore × Stroke (mm) 0mm x 81.5mm
- Carburation PGM-FI
- Compression Ratio 1:1
- Engine Displacement (cc) 1084cm3
- Engine Type (cm³) Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve Parallel Twin with 270° crank and uni-cam
- Power Output 75.0kW/7500min-1
- Torque 105Nm/6250min-1
- Starter Electric
- Throttle Bore 46mm
- C02 Emissions (g/km) 112g/km
- Oil Capacity (Litres) 9
- ABS System 2 channel with IMU Selectable ABS MODE with ON road and OFF road
- Brakes Front 310mm dual wave floating hydraulic disc with aluminium hub and radial fit 4-piston calipers and sintered metal pads
- Brakes Rear 256mm wave hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads. 2-Channel with rear ABS off mode.
- Suspension Front Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic fork with dial-style preload adjuster and DF adjustments, 230mm stroke.
- Suspension Rear Monoblock aluminium swing arm with Pro-Link with SHOWA gas-charged damper, hydraulic dial-style preload adjuster and rebound damping adjustments, 220 mm rear wheel travel.
- Tyres Front Bridgestone BATTLAX ADVENTURECROSS TOURER AX41T Metzeler KAROO STREET
- Tyre Size Front 90/90-21M/C tubeless type
- Tyre Size Rear 150/70-R18M/C tubeless type
- Tyres Rear Bridgestone BATTLAX ADVENTURECROSS TOURER AX41T Metzeler KAROO STREET
- Wheels Front 21M/C x MT2.15 Wire spoke with aluminium rim
- Wheels Rear 18M/C x MT4.00 Wire spoke with aluminium rim
Dimensions and Weights
- Battery Capacity (VAh) 12V-6Ah Li-ion BATTERY
- Caster Angle 5°
- Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 2332mm X 960mm X 1558mm
- Frame type SemiDouble Cradle
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) 8L
- Fuel Consumption 4km/l
- Ground Clearance (mm) 250mm
- Kerb Weight (kg) 238kg
- Seat Height (mm) 850/870mm (Low Seat option 825, High Seat option 895)
- Trail (mm) 113 mm
- Wheelbase (mm) 1575mm
- Clutch Wet,Multiplate with coil springs,Aluminium Cam Assist and Slipper clutch
- Clutch Operation Cable
- Final Drive O-ring sealed chain
- Gearbox 6-speed
- Transmission Type Manual Clutch Transmission
- Quick Shifter Optional Accessory
Instruments and Electrics
- Headlights LED
- 12v Socket Yes
- Ignition System Electronic, digital transistor
- Instruments LCD METER 6.5inch TFT Touch Panel Multi informaiton display
- Tail Light LED
- Daytime Running Lights Yes
- Cornering Lights Yes
- Connectivity Bluetooth Audio and Apple CarPlay
- USB Socket Yes(USB Type A, 1.5A)
- Self Cancelling Indicators Yes
- Cruise Control Yes
- Emergency Stop Signal Yes
- Security Immobiliser + Optional Alarm